If you think that it is the right time to invest in the dedicated server for your business, the process of selection should not be that difficult or depressing one. The very first step in this direction is to determine your needs that you may expect from the dedicated hosting server you are going to choose.
There are three prominent areas that need to be closely acknowledged during the selection of a a dedicated server, they are:
- Needs of your business
- Server’s configuration requirements
- Budget of your dedicated services
Now, moving focus on the above three factors to see the factors included
Business Needs: This can actually be referred as the multitude of different considerations. It includes the number of visitors you expected, if the hosted sites on dedicated server are mission-critical for your business; prior to the decision making process, consider the features and services of the dedicated servers that are listed below:
- The disaster recovery methods and backup solutions that are integrated in the dedicated server
- Whether anti-virus, firewalls, anti-span and security is provided. All this points toward all-around server protection
- Other eCommerce considerations including SSL certificates
- The requirements for uptime
- Server’s management services.
While you can’t consider it as a detailed list, you should make sure that you know exactly what your dedicated hosting server offerings are, prior taking any final decision.
Server’s Configuration Requirements: There is a finite list of things that should be considered when it comes to the configuration of dedicated server. This implies that you are aware of the specifications for the configuration of the server that you need and going to choose. The important eight aspects included are:
- Data center
- Web server
- Performance and speed
- Data transfer rate and bandwidth
- Operating system
- Database application
- Server Management
Lastly, Hosting Budget: It comes under common knowledge that you need to make sure you can practically afford what you expect from your dedicated server. Keep in mind, you will get for what you are paying for, but being aware of your budget limits will help you to determine the features and services you can afford and whether that will meet your business requirements.
When it comes on a dedicated server set-up, there are seven major areas of expense, such as:
- Monthly Server Fees: It includes the charges of bandwidth, electricity and the space where the server is deployed.
- Setup: It implies to the charges associated with getting the server up and running.
- Management: You have to pay the fee associated especially if you have chosen the managed services.
- Bandwidth: It indicates the charges if there is any overages or if there is a case of unmetered bandwidth.
- Costs of software licenses and operating system.
- Upgrade: If you ever wish to upgrade your server, you will have to bear the burden of two fees including the cost of the upgrade hardware and the setup fee.
- Miscellaneous: It is a mixed category that covers up data backup, reboots and port speed access. After exploring the offerings of the dedicated server it will be easy for you to determine what these are.
Hence, whenever you realize need of dedicated server make sure the above mentioned factors to be evaluated carefully.Tags: