Problem: Receive duplicate messages when you download E-mail from the server in Outlook Express
- ‘Leave messages on server? is checked in account settings of Outlook Express.
- This behavior can occur if the Pop3uidl.dbx file is damaged.
Solution: To resolve this behavior, rename the Pop3uidl.dbx file, and then restart Outlook Express. Follow these steps:
- Close Outlook Express.
- Click Start-> Search and then click For Files or Folders.
- In the Search for files or folders named box, type Pop3uidl.dbx, and then click Search Now.
- Under Search Results, right-click the Pop3uidl.dbx file, and then click Rename.
- Type Pop3uidl.old, and then press ENTER.
- Restart Outlook Express.