Software Requirement : – Server 2008 with Administrator Privilege, FC Card Drivers
Hardware Requirement : – FC Card, FC Cable & SFP Module
1. Turn off your server and open the Cabinet Install the FC card in your server PCI Express Card Slot.
2. Connect your Storage cables to your FC Card with Help of SFP module which is provided by your Storage Vendor.
3. Start your server your server and wait until you reached to your desktop
4. It will show you the Found new Hardware screen , If drivers are already with Windows Server , it will install from his Repo , if not it will show you the following screen & show the path of drivers which you have.
5. Now you can check storage controller by going into the Device Manager and click on storage controllers it will show you the controller which you have installed.
- Microsoft ISCI Initiators
- Microsoft Multi-Path bus driver
- Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller
- QLogic Fibre Channel Adopter
- Smart Array Controller(Media Driver)
6. Now Go to Server Manager and Click on Hyper V and Open the Hyper V Manager .
On the Right side pane click on Virtual San Manager :-
It will show you’re the Fiber Channel SAN .
Now you can take the WWNN & WWPN number which you can configure into your storage device .
Now the Time For set the Multi Path (MPIO), so that you can use your Server and Storage in Best IOps.
Go to Server manager and click and add features which will display you all the available features:-
Click on Multipath I/O and go ahead with the installation.
After completion you can check your storage which is available in storage Manager.