The world of web server hosting is experiencing a revolutionary period with the advent of cloud hosting. This hot trend has targeted the e-commerce retail websites, online application websites and corporate organizations etc. Though, it has not influenced every organization, you should have some basic information about the term “Cloud Hosting” and its service providers.
Understanding Cloud Hosting in General Terms
This sort of hosting allows you to utilize the cloud technology to distribute the requisite resources for attaining maximum uptime, then spreading them in different servers to be used as and when required. The primary focus is on the flexibility of utilizing resources. Also, there should be minimal or no downtime situation.
Advantages of the Cloud Hosting
There are quite a few advantages of using cloud technology. Some common ones are:
- Scalability: Cloud allows the website expansion without any much limitation. It will not be wrong to say that it moves around your needs. When your needs will increase, it will scale up or vice-versa.
- Cost-effectiveness: The factor of scalability is not limited to resource utilization only; it acts as a significant determinant for the prices payable. Following the trend of pay-as-you-go, cloud allows you to have predictable costs structure so that you can estimate your budget accordingly.
- 100% Optimization: The cloud technology eases the sharing of storage devices and servers. As the application moves between different devices as required, it allows the maximum utilization of the available storage.
To reap all the above mentioned advantages, it is quite imperative that you choose the right service provider. While searching for best provider, you will also gain good knowledge about sharing systems, platforms and pricing modules.
Key Factors to be considered for Selection of Cloud Hosting Providers
- Deployment Model: While making selection of cloud hosting services in India, you should consider a long-term solution. You should be flexible enough that can scale up or down with your changing business requirements. Also, you should know the number of data centers available at your service and the type of hosting you will be provided with. It matters a lot.
- Infrastructure: You should be aware of the infrastructure capabilities. Make sure your service provider is having a well established data center with all the necessary factors like network redundancy, power supply, applicable security as well as customer support.
- Uptime: As cloud hosting is a part of web hosting, uptime will be a significant factor of consideration. Though, on a practical note, there should be no downtime when it comes on efficiency of cloud technology, all clouds are not alike. They may vary on the basis of workload, proprietary model etc. So, check the uptime record. Though, 100% uptime is referred as the best one available, you can go for 98 to 99.99% as well.
- Pricing: Cloud hosting services in India is quite a beneficial deal than that of traditional choices.
Now, when you have the basic outline about the cloud hosting, you can make a precise move of selection.Tags: